Monday 6 August 2018

Your name? I have no idea!

Your name? I have no idea!

Regarding the name it’s a common problem to many that they are completely unable to recall names when needed. They may use a trick to avoid the embarrassment like using the name a couple of times after introduction to reinforce it in their brain. It’s probably a nice thing in that context.

I have this affliction and because of it I am much better now than I used to be at remembering names, especially when out of context. Also I decided a long time ago that the small embarrassment attached to confessing you could not bring their name to mind when meeting someone again is dwarfed by the massive destructive experience of painting yourself into a corner and never ever getting away with it.  To read the full LinkedIn Article by Bob Shepherd, just click here. Simple really.

No comments:

Post a Comment